Camp Emmanuel staff are vital to our camp and are responsible for carrying out the mission of the Camp Emmanuel ministry. You should know that Camp Emmanuel offers its participants an edifying Orthodox Christian community that has a profound effect on each person's life. Furthermore, you will find that as a Camp Emmanuel staffer you will have the opportunity to grow your own spiritual life, leadership skills, and friendships within our camp setting.
Camp Emmanuel Staffers help facilitate a smooth-running, fun, spiritually-focused camp program with youth safety and protection at the forefront of your actions. Staffers work closely with one another to ensure a positive experience for each and every one of our campers. We firmly believe that to be a successful staffer, you must be a servant leader who participates in all aspects of Camp and fulfills any assigned duties with the knowledge that you are an example for our youth. Thank you for your interest in this worthy ministry!
Working as a Staff Member for Camp Emmanuel should not be viewed as a vacation. You will be expected to work a 24-hour day, while camp is in session. While demanding, it is an extremely rewarding experience.
Staff are required to:
- Be at least 19 years old and one year removed from high school for junior session, and must have one year's experience on staff to apply to senior session;
- Ensure the physical, emotional, spiritual health and safety of the campers;
- Execute and support the camp policies and procedures;
- Work well in close proximity with others throughout the summer;
- Be willing to take charge and motivate others;
- Be able to take direction and constructive criticism.
The Camp Emmanuel Staff application process will include completing a portion of the application online, as well as submitting required forms digitally. New staff will also be asked to participate in an interview with Jenny Stasinopoulos, the Director of Camp Emmanuel.